In a surprise move, some heavyweight ministers and senior Awami League leaders have been dropped from Sheikh Hasina’s new Cabinet.
A total of 23 heavyweights have been left out of the new cabinet.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inducted 24 ministers, 19 state ministers and three deputy ministers into her new cabinet on Sunday.
All of them will be sworn in by President Md Abdul Hamid at Bangabhaban on Monday.
The news came when cabinet secretary Mohammad Shafiul Alam on Sunday evening announced the names of the newly elected lawmakers of the 11th parliament who were included in the new Cabinet.
List of those who are left out of the cabinet
1. Abul Maal Abdul Muhith-Finance Ministry
2. Amir Hossain Amu- Industries Ministry
3. Tofail Ahmed- Commerce Ministry
4. Begum Motia Chowdhury- Agriculture Ministry
5. Mohammed Nasim-Health Ministry
6. Khandker Mosharraf Hossain-LGRD Ministry
7. Rashed Khan Menon-Social Welfare Ministry
8. Engineer Mosharraf Hossain-Housing and Public Works Ministry
9. M Imazuddin Pramanik- Jute and Textiles Ministry
10. Hasanul Haq Inu-Information Ministry
11. Anisul Islam Mahmud- Environment, Forest and Climate Change Ministry
12. Anwar Hossain-Fisheries and Livestock Ministry
13. Nurul Islam Nahid-Education Ministry
14. Shahjahan Khan-Shipping Ministry
15. Mofazzal Hossain Chowdhury Maya- Disaster Management Ministry
16. Abul Hasan Mahmood Ali-Foreign Affairs Ministry
17. Md Mujibul Haque- Railways Ministry
18. Mostafizur Rahman- Primary and Mass Education Ministry
19. Asaduzzaman Noor- Cultural Affairs Ministry
20. Shamsur Rahman Sharif- Land Ministry
21. Md Kamrul Islam-Food Ministry
22. Narayan Chandra Chanda-Fisheries and Livestock Ministry (State Minister)
23. AKM Shahjahan Kamal- Civil Aviation and Tourism Ministry