At least three peoples sustained burn injuries as a fire broke out in two cotton warehouses at Dhamgar in Bandar upazila of Narayanganj on Tuesday
The injured -Anowar Hossain Anu, 40, Kayum, 35, and Rashed, 30, were admitted to Al Baraka Hospital in Madanpur.
Haji Amjad Hossain, owner of the warehouses, said the raw materials of cotton and foam were kept in his warehouses.
The warehouses caught fire in the early hours on Tuesday when a portion of the electric pole of Palli Bidyut Samity collapsed on those with a big bang, he said.
Two fire fighting units from Bandar doused the flame after two hours of frantic efforts around 8 am while the power supply of the whole area remained suspended for eight hours.
Deputy General Manager of Palli Bidyut Samity zonal office Delwar Hossain Khan said they are working to fix the damaged pole and restore power supply.