A child labourer was burned to death as a fire broke out at a biscuit factory in Ukhia upazila early Saturday.
The deceased was identified as Alamgir, 13, son of late Shamsul of Patabari village in Haldiapalong union.
Abul Khayer, officer-in-charge of Ukhia Police Station, said the fire broke out from an electric short-circuit at ’Mamun and Tamanna Biscuit Factory’ in Morichya station area.
On information, a fire service team and police rushed in and put out the fire.
Later, they recovered the charred body of Alamgir and sent it to Sadar Hospital.