Two brothers were burned to death and their father was injured as a fire broke out at a tin-shed house in Matuail Council road area in the city early Saturday, UNB reports.
The deceased were identified as Palash, 12 and Tushar, 7, sons of Iqbal Hossain.
Mizanur Rahman, duty-officer of fire service and civil defence headquarters, said that the fire originated from a mosquito coil in their house around 2:44 am.
On information, two fire-fighting units rushed in and doused the fire around 3:45am.
Later, they recovered the charred bodies of the two siblings from their room and rescued their injured father.
The injured was admitted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital Burn Unit.